7.10.2011

Ainahan se on mielessä,

nimittäin Damon Albarn.

Klassikko

Niin ja yksi hienoimmista Blur-hetkistä:  Blue Jeans (1993), kappale, jonka äärellä minulla on paha tapa herkistyä. Tämä on aarre. Jestas!


Tässä laulussa vain on kaikki, mitä ihminen tarvitsee: poppi, maihait, farkut, Lontoo ja rakkaus. Kiiltokuva sille yhtyeelle, joka pystyy samaan näin 2010-luvulla. Vähän ehkä tekis mieli huutaa: "Modern life is rubbish!".

Air cushioned soles
I bought them on the Portbello Road on a Saturday
I stop and stare awhile
A common pastime when conversation goes astray

And don't think I'm walking out of this
She don't mind
Whatever I say, whatever I say
I don't really want to change a thing
I want to stay this way forever
If you don't mind

Blue, blue jeans I wear them every day
There's no particular reason to change
My thoughts are getting banal, I can't help it
But I won't pull out hair another day

You know it's to be with you, don't give up on me yet

Niisk.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti